Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend EFNW 2021?
Nope! At this time, non-vaccinated individuals are welcome to attend as long as they comply with all safety precautions and mask regulations. If at a later date, state or federal mandates determine that individuals must be vaccinated in order to attend large gatherings, we will need to ask all attendees for proof of vaccination. However, we do not expect that this will be the case.
Will I have to wear a mask to attend EFNW 2021?
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all guests and attendees by adhering to all applicable local, state, and federal guidelines regarding masks.
- At this time, masks will be required in all convention-controlled spaces within the hotel. In indoor spaces not controlled by the convention, mask-wearing is still heavily encouraged.
What qualifies as a mask?
Any substantial well-fitting face covering that fully covers both the mouth and nose will suffice, though medical-grade masks are recommended. If not using a surgical or N95 mask, make sure your mask includes at least two layers of fabric. A Morphsuit or similar covering on its own does not constitute adequate protection. To see the CDC’s recommendations on what to wear, please click here.
Will there be any exceptions to the mask policy?
Reasonable exceptions will be made: Masks may be removed while eating or drinking and while participating on-stage in some panel events. Brief removal of masks for quick photo-ops are acceptable as long as they are put back on immediately after the photo has been taken. Additionally, children below the age of two are not expected to wear masks. Staff may at times ask you to adjust your mask. If this happens, please respect the request; it’s for your safety and theirs.
What other safety precautions are being implemented for EFNW 2021?
In addition to this new mask policy, Everfree Northwest will also be taking the following measures:
- Increased hand sanitizer stations
- Sanitization of surfaces in high-touch areas
- Sanitization of microphones and other equipment between panels
- Anything else mandated by the hotel or by state and local authorities
Our most up-to-date statement regarding COVID-19 precautions can always be found here.
Because the situation is still evolving, some policies may change, and we will always make sure to abide by any government guidelines to ensure the safety of our attendees. As we get closer to the dates of the con, any uncertainty about these policies will decrease.
I wanted to meet [insert guest here] in person. Is there any chance they are going to be able to come in person this year or next year?
At this time we cannot guarantee that any of the following guests will be in attendance physically this year:
- Nicole Oliver
- Tabitha St. Germain
- Matt Cowlrick
- Willa Milner
- Sam Vincent
- Scott McNeil
- Chiara Zanni
- Ashleigh Ball
- Katie Cook
That said, the situation is still evolving, and things may change! If any of these guests are able to make it in-person, we will be sure to let our attendees know right away! For the time being, we cannot guarantee that any of our 2021 guests will be attending in 2022.
What are my options for autographs from VIP guests who will be participating in EFNW 2021 virtually?
Here are our offerings for remote VIP items this year:
- Personalized Autograph Card - $20
- Artwork signed by your VIP of choice, customized with your name if requested. Pre-order only, picked up at-con. No orders during con. No custom or attendee-provided artwork.
- 5-minute VIP Video Call - $30
- Five minutes of facetime with VIP of your choice, conducted via Zoom or similar video conferencing platform. Includes unsigned VIP art card.
- Custom VIP Voice Recordings - Starting at $50
- Up to 60 seconds of audio of the VIP of your choice reading custom lines in-character.
- Some VIPs may charge more; specific prices will be announced formally once they are set.
Will any new Guests be attending EFNW 2021 in person?
Yes! We are currently working with a number of US-based potential guests to arrange for them to attend in-person. This includes talent from the show who will attend as VIPs, as well as members of the community to attend as Community Guests. We are excited to be adding the following additional talent to our lineup who will be attending in person:
- Sunni Westbrook
- Claire Corlett
- Gabriel Brown
- Thom Zahler
- Andy Price
Will there be ticketed VIP events at EFNW 2021?
Yes! As with every year, we will be offering ticketed events featuring our in-person VIPs. Due to health guidelines, we will not be offering VIP meals this year. However, we have an alternative VIP event called “Bowling with Friends” featuring all six of our in-person guests of honor mentioned above. Tickets are $300 and can be purchased on the attendee portal: https://everfreenw.com/register/addons/
I still plan to attend EFNW 2021 in person. Do I need to do anything?
Nope! Your current registration still stands with no further action required on your part. You’re all set!
I cannot attend EFNW 2021, but I already purchased a badge. What are my options?
Hopefully you took advantage of the opportunity to request a full refund or have your registration rolled over to 2022 during the month of June. If you missed the refund/rollover window, you are still able to transfer your badge to someone else. Due to EFNW’s long-standing policy against refunds, many attendees sell or give away unneeded badges to friends or others interested in attending the event.
I have a Patron/Sponsor+ badge but want to downgrade, what do I do?
Hopefully you took advantage of the opportunity to request a full refund or have your registration rolled over to 2022 during the month of June, and purchased a regular three-day badge instead. If you missed the refund/rollover window, you are still able to transfer your badge to someone else. Due to EFNW’s long-standing policy against refunds, many attendees sell or give away unneeded badges to friends or others interested in attending the event.
Can I still buy a Patron/Sponsor+ badge?
- A handful of the 2021 Patrons/Sponsors+ chose to refund or rollover their 2021 badges. Some of these badges may become available for purchase on the EFNW website. Check our badge purchasing page frequently for any updates.
- If a Patron/Sponsor+ missed their opportunity to refund or rollover and wants to independently sell their badge to another attendee, this is also acceptable.