Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend EFNW 2021?
Nope! At this time, non-vaccinated individuals are welcome to attend as long as they comply with all safety precautions and mask regulations. If at a later date, state or federal mandates determine that individuals must be vaccinated in order to attend large gatherings, we will need to ask all attendees for proof of vaccination. However, we do not expect that this will be the case.
Will I have to wear a mask to attend EFNW 2021?
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all guests and attendees by adhering to all applicable local, state, and federal guidelines regarding masks. While these guidelines may change, at this time our policy as follows:
- Masks will be required in public spaces for those who are not vaccinated. Attendees who provide proof of vaccination upon badge pickup at the Registration desk will receive an exemption from the mask requirement. Those who are not vaccinated or decline to provide proof of vaccination will be required to wear masks in all common areas of the convention. Regardless of vaccination status, any attendee may wear a mask if they choose.
What other safety precautions are being implemented for EFNW 2021?
Our most up-to-date statement regarding COVID-19 precautions can always be found here.
Because the situation is still evolving, some policies may change, and we will always make sure to abide by any government guidelines to ensure the safety of our attendees. As we get closer to the dates of the con, any uncertainty about these policies will decrease.
I wanted to meet [insert guest here] in person. Is there any chance they are going to be able to come in person this year or next year?
At this time we cannot guarantee that any of the following guests will be in attendance physically this year:
- Nicole Oliver
- Tabitha St. Germain
- Matt Cowlrick
- Willa Milner
- Sam Vincent
- Scott McNeil
- Chiara Zanni
- Ashleigh Ball
That said, the situation is still evolving, and things may change! If any of these guests are able to make it in-person, we will be sure to let our attendees know right away! For the time being, we cannot guarantee that any of our 2021 guests will be attending in 2022.
What are my options for autographs from VIP guests who will be participating in EFNW 2021 virtually?
Here are our offerings for remote VIP items this year:
- Personalized Autograph Card - $20
- Artwork signed by your VIP of choice, customized with your name if requested. Pre-order only, picked up at-con. No orders during con. No custom or attendee-provided artwork.
- 5-minute VIP Video Call - $30
- Five minutes of facetime with VIP of your choice, conducted via Zoom or similar video conferencing platform. Includes unsigned VIP art card.
- Custom VIP Voice Recordings - Starting at $50
- Up to ten seconds of audio of the VIP of your choice reading custom lines in-character.
- Some VIPs may charge more; specific prices will be announced formally once they are set.
Will any new Guests be attending EFNW 2021 in person?
Yes! We are currently working with a number of US-based potential guests to arrange for them to attend in-person. This includes talent from the show who will attend as VIPs, as well as members of the community to attend as Community Guests. Keep an eye out for future announcements about these new Guests, coming soon!
Will there be ticketed VIP events at EFNW 2021?
Yes! As with every year, we will be offering ticketed events featuring our in-person VIPs. Due to health guidelines, we will not be offering VIP meals this year, but we’ll be announcing details about these offerings in the near future, so stay tuned! As always, Sponsors and up will have first access to tickets for these events, followed by Patrons, then regular attendees.
I still plan to attend EFNW 2021 in person. Do I need to do anything?
Nope! Your current registration still stands with no further action required on your part. You’re all set!
I cannot attend EFNW 2021, but I already purchased a badge. What are my options?
If you’re unable to attend EFNW this year, you have two options:
- Request a full refund
- Request to have your registration rolled over to 2022
To request a refund or rollover, please visit the Attendee Portal.
I have a Patron/Sponsor+ badge but want to downgrade, what do I do?
If you have a Patron or higher-tier badge and would like to downgrade, please either refund or rollover your badge, and then buy a new 3-day badge online.
Can I still buy a Patron/Sponsor+ badge?
There is a possibility that some current Patrons/Sponsors+ will choose to refund or rollover their 2021 badges. If that happens, some of these badges may become available for purchase. Check our badge purchasing page frequently for any updates.
I have a hotel reservation, but I can’t come. What should I do?
This depends on the method you used to book your hotel room.
- If you booked directly through Hyatt or Hilton, with or without our group code discount, you must cancel your own reservation with the hotel.
- If you booked and paid for a High Rise room through our website, you can request a refund or rollover through the same tool as you use to refund or rollover your badge. Please note that refunding/rolling over one does not automatically refund/rollover the other; you must select the option you want for each separately. To request a refund or rollover, please visit the Attendee Portal.