OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Entries are limited to a minimum length of thirty (30) seconds and a maximum length of six (6) minutes.
- Only three (3) entries will be accepted per individual or group. Multiple entries to the same category are permitted, but only one (the highest ranked entry) may advance to the finals.
- All entries submitted must be the work of the person or group as listed on their entry form. Entries found to have been plagiarized from other PMVs will result in disqualification and banishment from our future PMV events.
- Your entry’s video content must consist of at least 70% My Little Pony related content including, but not limited to, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, all previous generations of My Little Pony, and original content featuring small horses.
- Entries must use at least 70% external music or songs (i.e. not part of the original audio track of the video source). Movie Trailers are an exception, and are exempt from this rule.
- All entries must be appropriate for all ages.
- Entries that use footage containing subtitles, watermarks, text, studio logos or graphic overlays may be disqualified. Exceptions may be granted if such usage is intentional and plainly necessary to the video’s concept.
- Entries that include any inextricable credits, bumpers or slates will be disqualified. Everfree Northwest will create custom-designed titles.
- Previously released videos (as shown publicly at conventions, clubs, contests, or downloadable on the internet) must not have premiered prior to January 1st, 2015 in order to be able to participate in the contest.
- All entries must meet the requirements listed in the Technical Requirements section below.
- Everfree Northwest PMV staff and contest judges are ineligible to compete.
- You irrevocably grant Everfree Northwest and the PMV Contest Coordinator unconditional and eternal permission to use, copy, share, and exhibit your entry in any way including for purposes and usages outside of or unrelated to this event.
- The PMV Contest Coordinator and judges are the final interpreters of all rules. Their decisions are final.
- All rules, prizes, and methods of judging for the Everfree Northwest PMV Contest are subject to change at any time without notice. We will attempt to advise any changes via the Everfree Northwest website and through our social media outlets.
All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640 x 480 or better (720p preferred) and a frame rate of 23.98 (preferred) or 29.976. Audio must be at a sampling rate of no lower than 44,100 Hz (48,000 Hz preferred).
For best results please encode your PMV as an MP4 using H.264/AVC video compression. We will also accept other formats provided that they are good quality and don’t require a strange degree of difficulty for us to work with.
Your video must have no noticeable video defects (interlacing, macro-blocks, banding, or aliased lines) and your audio must sound clean and undistorted.
If you have questions regarding these technical requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
To submit your entry(s), you will need to enter all the required information into the online system (found on the PMV Contest page at https://everfreenw.com/events/pmv-contest) following these steps:
Under “Submit Video,” enter the information for each of your entries. Videos will only be accepted via upload sites (i.e.: web links, Google Drive, Dropbox, Sendspace, etc), provided that we do not need to subscribe for access. Name each file with your Submission number and video title. Do not exceed 1 GB. Provide the URL link in the space provided. (Streaming sites such as YouTube will not be accepted.)
We will not accept entries submitted via postal mail, nor will we accept any entries in person.
If you’re unable to get us your entry by linking the file, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can work out an alternative method.